20.2.10

D.I.Y.

My outfits have been so boring lately. Skinny black jeans, t-shirt, jacket, black boots, repeat. It's all about convenience lately as the Olympics have taken over my city, and i've been traipsing around downtown checking out the sites and taking in the free shows. I've got a two week olympic break from school, so why not? However the shows are usually at night, and they are all outdoor venues. It may be unseasonably warm here, but it does still rain! And it can get somewhat cold at night. It is February, still! Hence the idea of convenience/warmth factoring in to my outfits as of late.

So in lieu of an outfit post(s), i'll share a recent DIY endeavor i've taken on.

Fabric rosettes.
I'm currently an unemployed student, and as such I can't afford to do much shopping lately. At Christmas I got a gift certificate to Michael's from my brother, so when my need for new clothes was too much to bear -  I instead decided on getting some new accessories to spruce up my wardrobe. And save some money by making them myself!

I love these fabric rosette necklaces. You can find them all over etsy.
So I opted to try one out for myself.

I ended up with little tiny rosettes. A good start I think. I'd like to end up with some bigger rosettes, to make more of a statement piece, like this.

But for now all I can manage are little rosettes. I still wanted to get a necklace out of all my work, so I put this little number together:
(Ignore the crooked ribbon, it's been fixed but I've been too lazy to take another picture.)
I'm not in love with it, as it's not exactly what I want, but I think it's an ok start. Now that I can make little rosettes I can move on to big ones! Hopefully i'll get a few made during the rest of the break. 

Here is a tutorial on how to make rosettes.
Here is the tutorial on how to make a necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are always welcome and very much appreciated. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...