24.3.10

Refreshing the "uniform"


Top & lace cami: Old Navy
Skirt: torrid
Leggings: Addition Elle
Boots: Joneve

We all have our uniforms. Those outfits we throw on in the morning when you woke up late, your hair wont cooperate so you have to spend half an hour on it, only to give up and throw it in a pony tail; or when you woke up at a perfectly respectable time, but are now running late because you spent 20 mins staring at an overflowing closet feeling like you have nothing to wear. Almost everyday I have that happen to me. And if I haven't thought about my outfit ahead of time, these are my options:
1.) Black skinny jeans, t-shirt, & cardigan.
2.) Black leggings, mini skirt, & t-shirt or top. (Sometimes with a cardigan.)

I go to these combinations all the time because they work for me. They take no real thought or effort and I know I can still look good. Everyone has those days, and it is on these days when the uniform comes into play.

But in this variation of the uniform I went to on Monday was exciting, because I paired it with a new top! I was bad and went shopping on Saturday (Bad unemployed student! Bad!), and picked this up at old navy for a crazy good deal like $8. (I got a good haul, there may be a post about it coming up.) And I felt great in it. I felt like something that I wear at least once a week suddenly felt brand new. Sometimes one new item is all it takes. There's just something about wearing new clothes. Sometimes a cute new top can give you a whole new outlook on life.


And I even liked my hair that day! (A rare occasion since I cut it.) I felt like Charlie in The Perks of Being a Wallflower, describing a moment when he felt he looked good:


"Do you know what I mean? That nice feeling when you look in the mirror, and your hair's right for the first time in your life? I don't think we should base so much on weight, muscles, and a good hair day, but when it happens, it's nice. It really is."


I couldn't agree more, Charlie...I mean, Stephen Chobosky...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are always welcome and very much appreciated. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...