18.4.10

DIY Style

First I just want to say a big HELLO! to all the new followers. The thought of people actually looking and reading what I post here totally warms my lil' blogging heart. So thank you and welcome to Plus Sized Pretty!!!


I cut my bangs yesterday, they were driving me insane! But I didn't dye my hair, even though it looks crazy dark and brunette in this picture! 
And yes, I totally am not wearing any makeup. I feel naked without mascara, and yet every now and then I forget to put on makeup! I really have no idea how that happens. My brain is such a mess at times... 

Shirt: Gap
Dress: Old Navy
Shoes: Winners
Necklace: DIY by me!

The feature of today's outfit is this fabric rosette necklace I made. I'm so thrilled that I have finally mastered the fabric rosettes! I found a tutorial the other night that is way easier then the one I was using before. Once I learned the easy way to make these I got this necklace done!

necklace

 I am so proud! I really love this necklace. The fabric is this great paisley with blue and green, with hints of yellow on cream. I fell in love with it at the fabric store, then when I found these 'pearls' they just were meant to be. After my first attempt at rosettes was not exactly what I wanted (they all came out too small, and are now hair pins.) I'm pretty pleased with my new results. I also made one into a headband. (To be featured in a future OOTD.)

All weekend I have been on a roll making these rosettes. Broaches, hair pins. It's so much fun! 

7 comments:

  1. The necklace is so pretty, I've been meaning to try my hand at rosettes, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Yours turned out great though.
    Love the shoes too, yay Winners!

    http://thepaleandpallorprincess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. first of all ure bangs are super cute and that necklace is amazing u crafty girl! love this whole outfit1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, that necklace is SO adorable. I'm headed over to your other post hoping for a tutorial...pretty please... ;)

    Enter to win a vintage button-down shirt!
    clothed much, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! how did you make that necklace? i love it!
    nice blog by the way! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!

    Elaine & doraetlabora, here is a similar method to what I used for these:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBHQ4Z6eO2U
    Much easier than the other tutorial I posted!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are always welcome and very much appreciated. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...