16.5.10

New look, old scarf.




I totally unintentionally posed this in front of my floral couch today...



Today I decided to break out my new pair of oxford heels I recently found at Zellers, for only $20! Sure the quality is lacking, but they are cute and I have been lusting after a pair of oxfords for months! I was so excited to finally find a pair! It was simply meant to be, they were the last pair and just happened to be my size.

But when I tried to figure out what to wear them with, everything felt too dark and wintery. I wanted some light colours. Some florals to offset the hints of masculine the shoes give. But I don't have any cute tops that are light and floraly. But I do have a scarf. So I wore it as a scarf, as I had done before.

I love how well it happened to pair with my jacket!

But today wearing it as a scarf over my white t-shirt just didn't work. So I tied it every which way I could think of. Still nothing. Until I wrapped it around me, and tucked it in my skirt.
EUREKA!
Finally I found exactly what I was looking for. The perfect soft, feminine, pop of colour to my outfit. I had initially just tied it but then decided to use safety pins for more security. This also allowed me to showcase it better in the back, by overlaying the corners:


I love, love, love, this look. I felt super cute and chic and cleaver for figuring out a new way to wear my lovely, lovely, scarf. 




And here's a close up since the colours and pattern are what I love so much about this scarf. (And the raspberries!) I also made the necklace. ;) (I'm thinking of re-working it though...)



Scarf (shirt): Value Village
Shirt: Gap
Skirt: Addition Elle
Heels: Zellers
Necklace: by me

This outfit also just happens to coincide with Have A Cute Day's floral week. 
Check it out!
floral

5 comments:

  1. That's so cool. I love coming up with new ways of using items, that's brilliant!

    http://thepaleandpallorprincess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit! I wish I was that imaginative!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... that's a scarve?!! You are super creative... you go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are always welcome and very much appreciated. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...