14.6.10

There is a Liz Claiborne outlet. I know you like that store. Go inside and shop until I can meet you.

Can anybody recognize the title of this post? It's a Claiborne dress so I just had to...


Saturday a friend of mine surprised me by stopping into my workplace, looking for a shopping buddy. Since I just happened to have a hankering all day to shop, I said yes. Now, I shouldn't really be shopping right now as i'm in debt and need to save up money for school and blah blah de blah. 
But we already went over my problem with shopping. And I've actually been doing really good at curbing my spending habits as of late. I didn't end up buying that anthro dress! (As much as it breaks my heart.)

So since I was so good, I decided to be a bit bad. I really needed a new dress to wear to church yesterday, as I was teaching a class! I've never taught before and as someone who is planning on being a teacher I thought it was a great oppurtunity to practice! I was pretty confident that i'd be able to pull it off, but I also knew that a new cute outfit would really help me do my best. 

So saturday night my friend and I headed to Winners, we were worried initially that it would'nt be open late (It was already past 5 on a Saturday) but lo and behold, they were open until 9! Score! 
At the start of the hunt I grabbed a few different skirts and shorts, just some practical work wear items. I wasn't feeling too excited about anything for my new church outfit. 
And then I saw it. 


This gorgeous, light, pastel, floral, retro style dress. I was drawn like a moth to the flame. So I grab the nearest dress for further inspection, and it's even my size! Double score!

So I tried it on and that was that. I had to have this dress. 
It makes me feel like a housewife in the 50's in England hosing a garden tea party. And I kind of love that feeling. Kind of my dream life. 


I just had to dork out and pose with my favorite teapot, which just happened to match my outfit. I kind of collect them. I say kind of because I only have 4. But i'm young. There is still time. 

But I had no idea what shoes to wear. I could'nt find any that would go at Winners, and nothing else was open so I gave up on the idea and decided to just go with black heels. Until Sunday morning, when I found these cute yellow wedges I've had for maybe 4 years and never wear. I totally forgot I owned them! And they were perfect. 



And it's fun to twirl in.



And it has pockets. Yep. 
This is the perfect dress.

And I don't even feel that guilty because it was only $50! 

Dress: Liz Claiborne via Winners
Belt: H&M
Shoes: The Bay

7 comments:

  1. Oh my that dress IS perfect! You look wonderful. I'd love to see a close up of the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha I love The Office!!! :)

    and you look fabulous! I loveloveLOVE those shoes! perfect with this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that dress! And those wedges!

    http://www.RebequitasFashionBlog.BlogSpot.com

    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an amazing dress, great style and super cheap to boot, congrats! I think I need to head to my local Winners but I rarely find any good clothing although I could buy tons of shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. that dress is soo pretty. i love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found this post via your recap post - and I have the exact same dress! I wore it in the summer to a wedding. I like the way you paired it with a belt, I didn't and when I wore it I kind of felt like something was missing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are always welcome and very much appreciated. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...