5.9.10

Forget the rules.

Belted cardigans. Yay, or nay? 


I personally like them, but i've heard some negetive feedback. When my dad saw this picture, he even felt the need to rant on how horrible it looked. "I don't know what you were thinking Erin, that just does not look good at all. Just horrible." Were his words. 

But having spent most of my life disappointing my dad, I ignore his putdowns and just do what I like anyways. So I tried this look out today with a yellow belt (that came with the dress), and texted a picture of it to my sister. She said she'd prefer it without. I felt the yellow wasn't adding enough interest, so I pulled out this studded belt instead. It just so happens to be a remnant from my goth days, a staple in my wardrobe during the most extreme years of disappointing my father. Ha! 




I like that it adds interest and defines my waist. I prefer this dress with a shrug but I did'nt want to wear this dress such a similar way. So I opted for a cardigan in a different colour with a bit more visual interest, though without a belt this outfit still just a little too plain for me. So I belted it because I liked it. And that's really what fashion should be about. Wearing what you like. (In my humble opinion.)
I even broke another rule, wearing black with navy! Gasp! Is that sill even a faux-pau? Either way, It doesn't matter too much to me. I like how I look. :)


Thanks for looking!


11 comments:

  1. I think you can rock it :) Maybe what is throwing it off, if anything, is the flowers and the belt clashing together.

    Personally, navy and blue either separate or together are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all for belted cardgians. I wouldn't worry too much about your dad not liking it, because it's just a different style. I actually really like the belt because of the contrast to the pretty yellow dress. Oh, I don't follow many fashion rules either, so navy and black together are ok in my book.

    You look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable. Sucks to "The Rules," and anyone who says that there is anything wrong with this look.

    (From what I understand, modern fashion rules are A-OK with mixing neutrals, even the dreaded BROWN AND BLACK. I know I do that all the time.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think belted cardigans are such a great look! And I love this outfit too :) Super adorable. I say ignore fashion "rules" and your negative dad because you look fabulous!

    www.elizabeth-o-no.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you look great! I actually started noticing and liking belted cardigans quite recently, maybe it's time to try it on my own as well :) Btw no matter what the people say, the most important is that you feel comfortable and beautiful in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New to your blog but I wanted to comment and say you can totally pull off the belted cardigan look. The studded belt gives your outfit a little edge! Great look!
    Bella
    http://gypsyroxylee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ April- Thanks, I agree!
    @Maria- Thanks! Fashion is really best without rules, eh?
    @Ms. Knitpicky - I agree! Good to know about brown and black, I just bought a brown bag so i'm sure that will happen lots!
    @Elizabeth- I think so too! Thanks. :) I usually ignore my dad's advice. Haah.
    @Meg- Thank you! I concur. ;)
    @gypsyroxylee - Thank you and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. belted cardigan for the win!

    http://2manycupcakes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it! Being an hourglass girl myself (but with a bit more lovehandle than I'd like) I've realized that skinny ones look best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a little late in posting this, after just having found your awesome blog - but I just have to say that I think you look lovely in this. The contrast isn't overwhelming and jives really nicely. :)

    Btw, where did you get that lovely yellow dress? It's difficult to find a *nice* shade of yellow these days in a cute sundress. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. always belt my cardigans it defines your waist. This is such a bright happy outfit:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are always welcome and very much appreciated. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...