1.11.10

This is halloween!

How was everyone's halloween? Mine was pretty great! Had a church dance Friday night, then went out with friends, got no sleep as I got home at 4am and had to work at 6:30 am. (Blah I hate working!) then went to a pumpkin carving party saturday night, where we carved the pumpkins we picked last weekend!

So other than extreme sleep deprivation my halloween weekend was pretty swell. I LOVE to dress up, and I always do my best to go all out. This year I wasn't really sure what to be. So I reflected back...

Last year I was Margot Tenenbaum:


Because I had the hair (Which happens to be the only redemption I feel to chopping off and bleaching my formerly long, beautiful red hair.) And of course because The Royal Tenenbaums is my ultimate favorite movie ever. 
As I couldn't find a polo dress that was a decent price - I kind of didn't want to spend $100 on a costume! The dress and shirt were thrifted.


The year before that I was Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas. Another all-time favorite and oh-so appropriate choice for Halloween.


Again, a major factor in deciding to be Sally was having the perfect hair! (Oh how I miss my long hair! I will never ever cut it again!) 
That, and she's the best. You know who else is the best? My mom, for making me my Sally dress! 


So who was I this year? I was at a loss of who to be, until a friend suggested I be....

JESSIE! The yodeling cowgirl from Toy Story!
So took the suggestion, as her outfit is super cute and yep, i've got the hair for it! 



And this year I made my costume myself! I am so proud. I even had to make the cowprint chaps! No fabric stores in vancouver carried cow print, so I bought black and white fabric and glued black blobs onto the white! I just safety pinned onto my jeans, as these are my favorite jeans. 
I also safety pinned the yellow top as I did'nt want to throw a perfectly good work shirt out the window.
The hat is value village and the rest was all by me! I'm pretty stoked about it. 


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, way to make it work! Your costume turned out awesome!

    I think it's funny that you choose your costume based on your hair. I've never thought of doing that. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    I guess it's just an added perk when I find a costume that I don't have to buy a wig for.... it's just easier this way! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your costumes, especiall Jessie!! So cute, Home-made costumes are the best

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are always welcome and very much appreciated. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...