5.12.10

 {dress & leggings: old navy, belt: addition elle, hat: ?, boots: joneve}



So i'm not totally sure if i'm feeling this dress yet. In theory I love it. I mean, I love a good striped dress. And as opposed to most of my dresses it's long enough to not need leggings (come a time when the temperature will allow the sans-leggings). So the length is one thing I like about it, but on the other hand it's kind of what I don't like. With leggings it just feels like too much fabric? And the sleeves are full length too. Which is why I cuffed them. Still not sold on it...
I mean, I don't hate it. But I don't love it. I know I don't need to love everything I wear everyday, but it sure is nice when I do. Especially since it was only $13 at Old Navy last weekend. Which I should feel worse about since I'm a student who just quit my job....
Maybe i'll have my mom work on it. Shorter sleeves? (3/4 length, maybe cap sleeves?)What do you think? 

I still had fun at my friends party in this though. Which is what I wore it out to. Now I really need to make up for the slacking off tonight by getting to work on a term project due monday! Ahh! Wish me luck!


7 comments:

  1. I actually like the sleeves, but I know what you mean about too much fabric. Perhaps try wearing it with tights that are not opaque and heels or flats rather than boots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the dress is really cute, love the small ruffles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it. I think it would be great for lots of winter layering! A vest, tights, blazer, leggings, boots.. (not all at the same time! haha)
    My personal preference about the sleeves is 3/4, that's how I like mine, so I'm just going to say shorten them! I always feel like long sleeve clothes are constricting. But I think you should do what feels right to you.

    I must say, your hair looks amazing in these photos! The color looks super vibrant! How do you keep your hair looking so good?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the versatility of a long sleeve. You can always roll it, but wear it down when it's cold, or with a vest. I love this dress. I think you could really make it more exciting with different accessories. I like the way you styled it, but how about a bright scarf and hat, or a bold piece of jewelry? I see a lot of potential.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments and suggestions everyone! I've got some great ideas to go with now. :)

    It's funny you brought up my hair Hannah, I was feeling kind of blah with it since I hadn't washed it in a few days (which Is why I wore the hat!). That's how I keep the colour bright. Red fades super fast so the less i'm washing out the colour, the better! Also It's supposed to be better for your hair if you don't wash it everyday. I usually wash it every other day or (like in this case) 3 days, although it is rare I can get my hair looking decent for that long!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a great dress and it looks awesome on you! I like the 3/4 sleeves...maybe if you added a blazer or cardigan it would break it up a bit so it doesn't look like too much fabric? Just an idea. Either way, you look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had one similar to this, but my hubby kept asking me which wife I was. He said it looked a little pioneer woman for him. I for some reason never thought to do a belt. That probably would have helped a bunch. I ended up re-purposing it into a fun button up ruffle shirt. I love the way you wore it hear though. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are always welcome and very much appreciated. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...