28.2.11

spinster style

{dress & tights: old navy, necklace: by me, skirt: addition elle, shoes: zellers}

This morning I was lacking inspiration on what to wear, so as I often do when such problem arises, I looked to blogs. And what was sticking out to me today was bloggers wearing their husbands shirts. "How cute!" I thought. I wanted that look too! Then I remembered I have no husband, and that I am a spinster. And that I don't even have any collared shirts to fake it with.
But I do have a collared dress, which worked just fine.
If only getting a husband would be that easy. 



5 comments:

  1. I have never heard the word "spinster" used by contemporary writers. I read lots of Regency romances and it used liberally in those books. I certainly don't think of you as a spinster. Enjoy being single. And even though I am married, my husbands shirts would be way too small for me, so I couldn't pull this look off. Love the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha great idea! love the purple tights!
    I'm having a giveaway!! Cardigans and Cookie Dough

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to comment on how cute your necklace is! ANd the purple tights are awesome! An unexpected pop of color that makes this outfit come to life. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mama Pants- thanks! hah, yeah it's an outdated term. I just use it to describe my extremely "optimistic" outlook on my love life. (Being that it is non-existant!)
    @Katri-Thank you! Gotta love some bright tights.
    @Bella-Thanks! Stay tuned one of these days i'll be giving one to a reader. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Mama Pants. I might have a husband, but he can wear boys sizes, and I am quite plus sized. So there will be no borrowing of his clothes for me. So cheer up, having a husband guaruntees nothing for fashion.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are always welcome and very much appreciated. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...