17.2.11

very purpley

So I realize i've posted about kind of this exact outfit before. And I usually don't re-post outfits.... but Since today I wore it with a different belt and shoes. I deem it worthy to post. 
I basically love little dresses. With belts. 
And the colour purple, obviously.


I never would've thought of wearing purple boots with a purple dress before, but sometimes you just have to break your own rules. 

Oh, and I did something crazy tonight. I announced to my Women's Studies class that I have this blog.
Well, it's not like I announced it. I only volunteered the information because I was provoked, and the instructor asked if anyone reads blogs/has blogs that challenge common perceptions. Which I'm kind of trying to do here. 
It's kind of crazy because I've only told 2 close friends and my mom and my sister about this. It's kind of a weird thing in "real life" and I'm a bit bashful to tell people "I have a blog where I post pictures of myself wearing clothes!" I'm kind of afraid of people. In real life. All you internet folk, I love. 
So we'll see how that goes. Maybe I will start telling more people about it now and not be so afraid.
Or I will continue to be shy. Like I have my whole life.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! Stepping outside your comfort zone, maybe it bring you a whole slew of new readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! Way to go public with the blog! It will be interesting to see if anyone follows up and reads it from your group. And, if so, what their perceptions are.
    I find it terribly hard to explain why it is that i post pictures of my outfits every day. It's almost like if you aren't a personal style blogger then you just don't get it!
    (Love the belt, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I'm still way to scared to tell my friends about my blog. Last Winter I happen to be on a photo expedition with some friends (and my sister who knows about the blog was there) and I asked her to take pictures for me. Later we all got out our cameras to review pictures and I refused to give them my camera because I didn't want to have to explain all the pictures of myself. lol
    Well they got my camera and found the photos. I just brushed it off like, "well the light was good right there".
    I think it's a strange concept to grab if you're not already actively involved with blogging online in some form.
    But I'm proud of you for putting yourself out there! That is a huge step. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are always welcome and very much appreciated. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...