2.3.11

awkward


Sometimes I feel like my life is one big long awkward moment. I'm generally a bit of an awkward person, but today I was especially so. And for you lucky readers of this blog, i've narrowed it down to the top three:

    • Today I got my first ever facial. (It was part of a spa deal I bought months ago, basically I just got it for the haircut that came with the deal. ) But it's expiring soon so I finally booked my facial for today. Let me preface by saying I do not understand the appeal of spas. I just  can't grasp the whole idea of paying a stranger to touch you. In my 21 years of life I have only had my first manicure early January of this year, and yes, It was awkward having somebody work on me. But that was nothing compared to the facial I got today. Because apparently, you take your top off to get a facial. (I guess because the facial came with a face/neck massage...?) And that's a little awkward. Also, getting your face massauged is awkward. It's bascially having some one squish your face for half an hour while you listen to weird bird calls and rain in a dark room. 
    • Learning that my sister is "in a relationship" via facebook. This is why I hate facebook. People need to talk to people in real life more! Even though my family is all still in Alberta I try to talk to them as often as we can manage. My sister has trouble with this.
    • The fact that I wore this exact outfit last night, then again today. I justify this because last night I went to a church thing, and today I went to school. Totally different groups with no crossover of people, so no one would know. Even more awkward? Contradicting that point by talking about wearing the same outfit two days in a row on this blog, when I totally could've not shared that and been secretly awkward all to myself.

You're welcome, internet. 

6 comments:

  1. TOO TOO CUTE!
    I've been looking for a red cardigan myself to achieve this look exactly :)
    -Jaz
    http://www.fluffyfashioncents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the whole spa thing. My husband always says that he wants to get me a facial & massage, but I find it so off putting. I just don't get the appeal. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Cute outfit by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing with rewearing outfits twice in two days. No crossover, no problem right? lol.

    And you shared because you hoped there was at least one other awkward person out there too. Rest assured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's the thing. It's weird when people touch your face. I don't know why other people don't get that. STOPPOKINGMYFACE. And I feel the same about Facebook--I like that it keeps me in contact with grade school friends and far flung family but I'm more likely to find out about my best friend's life through that than by talking to her on the phone! I don't like that.

    What I DO like however is your outfit! I love the red/white/blue--I have a really hard time pulling off that combo without looking patriotic, but you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stripes, I need to get more stripes. I keep trying to find striped shirts that thrill me, none have so far. Are my stripe expectations too high?

    As for awkward...oh honey I am so with you there. Here is a story that may make you feel better. Last fall I was doing a project in my downtown area. It was a football Saturday, which means everyone is out and downtown tailgating, or walking to the game, going to the bars, etc. I walked across the busiest street in town, tripped going up the sidewalk, and didn't just trip and fall, but I did a belly flop on the concrete. Ker Splat. The worst part of it was that my shirt flew up in the bank and my big girl panties were peaking out my pants. *sigh* That was a truly awkward moment......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never had a facial or any kind of professional pampering, but from what you say and I can imagine, it would be awkward. Sorry you had to go through that. I would totally pick an at home facial masks done by myself over a spa ANYDAY!
    I could not agree more with you about Facebook and over sharing. I would peeved if I found out my sister was in a relationship through Facebook! (although, I did find out my other sister got engaged because of FB, but I didn't mind that much.. she's a much older adult with her own life.)
    Look at this, I can also relate to your third point. I re-wear outfits all the time when I know the groups will be different. Why not?! Only one time has the same person saw me, but they really could have cared less what I was wearing. So I say that's completely normal and you should go about doing it!

    Wow, I didn't realize I had so much to say. Sorry about that! Well hopefully it was a good read. haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are always welcome and very much appreciated. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...