28.4.11

City Chic

A little while ago I screamed like a little school girl upon opening my email. City Chic had contacted me to put together a look for their Blogger look book feature for their website. Honored and excited, I set to work. 

I immediately fell in love with their lace pieces, and decided to go all out and combine lace and lace. A faux-pas? Possibly. Do I care? No. If Lady GaGa can do it, why can't I? 

With just these two pieces I put together three (slightly varied) looks. First, I added a cardigan for a more conservative look. 


Then I went with what I had originally planned, the lace on lace look.





And for good measure, my lil' sister (my photog) suggested I un-tuck the shirt. 


Not bad either, though I am always wary of an un-tucked shirt into a skirt....it just feels wrong some how..


I am IN LOVE with these pieces, and can't wait to wear them a million other ways. They are both quality pieces, and have a good stretch, which makes them so comfortable. For referance, i'm generally a size 16/18 and fit nicely into the XS.
The only downside is that if you are ordering from Canada, try not to be too excited about receiving them right away. It takes a while for them to ship. Just remember, good things come to those who wait! 

I love City Chic!


3 comments:

  1. likey like the lace on lace and the alliteration, too!
    aleisha
    cutefatandshort.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt is so much awesome. I can't handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky!
    The pieces you picked out are GORGEOUS! I like the top tucked in much better, it really adds to the vintage vibe. Would it be weird to say that it matches your glasses?! haha, there is just something about the outfit and glasses that match and make it feel like you're from a whole nother era.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are always welcome and very much appreciated. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...