12.7.11

a lovely crown of curls

Who else is on Pinterest? I finally got one, and it's kind of taken over my life. I am obsessed with this site. love love love it. So as I was browsing last night, I came across this little tutorial for how to curl your hair with no heat. Since I dye, dry, straighten, and curl my hair on a regular basis, I'm totally willing to try a method that will give me pretty hair without damaging it even further. 
And I am so delighted to say it worked!! It totally worked. Really, really, really, worked.

Before:
(just washed hair, blow dried)

After:


Pretty great, right? The best part? It took almost no time whatsoever and no product.

Normally I spent at least half an hour curling my hair, spraying each individual curl in order to get it to hold. But last night, all I did was wrap my hair a in a headband, and go to sleep. This morning, i took the headband out, and played around with my curls until I found a style I liked best. 

For a comparison, the photo booth picture was taken just now (almost 4) where as these photos were taken around 9:30. Curls are still very much intact, with only a tiny spritz of hair spray, even though I have been playing with my hair all day (the curls are just so springy!) and even drove around with my windows down. 
Colour me impressed. 



Anyways, this is what I wore today:

{shirt & skirt: old navy, belt: thrifted}

And yes, sadly I am still a cripple. :(


Find the video tutorial for this hair style here.

Find me on Pinterest here!

And how about another link? Gazel is giving a Canadian a pair of glasses here! Sweet!!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely... I wld prolly pull my hair out while sleeping LOL!

    By the way I've added you on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/fidainc/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been seeing this hair/video tutorial all ovah the place! But I guess with good reason, your hair looks fantastic afterwards! You could have fooled me if you said it was done WITHOUT heat.

    Gee, doesn't your foot realize you have a life and don't need to be crippled?! I really hope it doesn't last much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. inbetween fashion-It is great! Glad you like it. :)
    Fida-I think the hair helps to keep the headband on a bit, though by the time I got up it was starting to slip off a bit. Even with it falling off though, I still got really great results!
    Hannah-Ugh! I know! It sucks being crippled in the summer. I want to go for walks and hang out at the beach and enjoy my summer! Haha. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the curls, they look really good on you!

    Pinterest.com/maxwellmayhem

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are always welcome and very much appreciated. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...