16.8.11

Hey! Look! An outfit!


As I was leaving the house today I thought "I sure do look cute today", so I decided I should blog about it. This is pretty much my summer uniform. T-shirt, flowy skirt, and flip flops (not pictured as I don't like feet.) While i'm trying to enjoy the sunshine that is finally gracing Vancouver with it's presence I find myself yearning for fall. For orange leaves against grey skies, pumpkin flavored everything, and a cool crispness to the air. As soon as we get summer i'm always yearning for fall. Pretty sure i'm crazy. I know once November hits with it's accompanying 40 straight days of rain i'll go back on this wish. I just want to layer! Tights! Socks! Boots! Cardigans! Leggings! Scarves! Hats! Exclamation points!

But I digress. It's summer, even though it doesn't feel like it because I have been in school. School + summer = no fun. I thought i'd be okay with just two English courses, since I love English, but I have not loved English this semester. I'm starting to re-think my English major aspirations because of it...
So with all this stress i've been under, I cope by ripping my nails. Not biting, ripping. I start picking at one end and tear the nail off. I've done it since before I can remember, it's a stress coping thing. So with essays and exams my nails have disappeared. Since it's the end of the semester now, I remedied this with a Groupon and got some fake nails!!





Aren't they pretty? The white part is so big because that's how far down I had torn my nails. It was bad! I've never had fake nails before so it's taken some getting used to, but I like it. They're long and pretty and strong enough that my stress habit of picking away won't ruin them! 


Also, there are some exciting changes coming up on this lil blog...stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. I've gotta admit, I kinda liked having fake nails, your nail polish will last forever, but I'm wayyy too clumsy to keep up with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit, your nails are cute, and I'm excited for the new changes to the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not the only crazy one, I start pining for fall once summer begins, too, and for the same reasons--pumpkins spice, layering, scarves and the chilly air :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are always welcome and very much appreciated. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...