29.11.11


In rebranding my blog, I decided to go for a more eclectic vibe. Rather than just share what I wear, I wanted to include other things I am passionate about. 
One of those passions, being good food. 
I actually used to have a food blog, but it has become sorely neglected, much like a middle child.
So this "rebranding" is my attempt to fix that!

So here's a tasty recipe I came up with recently.


Vegan Tofu Panini on Naan


This is a simple and tasty sandwich, super quick for when you want something hearty and warm and also, did I mention delicious? 

You will need, for one substantial sandwich...

1/4 brick of extra firm tofu, drained
A few shakes of liquid smoke
bbq sauce to cover the tofu
1/4 each of red, green, and yellow bell pepper
1/2 small yellow onion
cheese (to make it vegan, use delicious Daiya!!)
2 pieces of naan bread

A day (or a morning) in advance, cut the (drained) tofu into rectangles. Shake some liquid smoke on there, and cover with bbq sauce. Allow to sit in the fridge a few hours or overnight. 

To make the sandwich, sauté the onion and peppers in olive oil until soft and browned.
In a separate pan, heat the tofu over medium heat for about a minute or two each side. (Alternately, you can bake the slices in a 350 oven for 15 mins.)

To assemble the panini...
Take one piece of naan, and smother with bbq sauce. Add the tofu slices. Add the saute'd peppers and onions, and the cheese. Take another piece of naan bread, and put it on top. Spread both the outsides of the pieces of naan bread with (vegan) margarine. Grill until nicely toasted and melty. If you don't have a panini press, a George Foreman grill works wonders here. It's what I use! 

As you can see this is a super lax recipe. If you have any questions let me know! 

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are always welcome and very much appreciated. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...