30.11.11

Penningtons - Styled to Surprise

As I've mentioned in the past, I consider blogging to be a form of activism. My aim is in getting another fat body out there in the sphere,  as a way to show others that you can still love yourself at any size. In particular, I focus on fat acceptance, however I believe every sized body should love themselves. I just happen to be in a fat body, so that's my main focus! Call it a manifesto, if you will.

So that's why i'm excited to talk about this project Penningtons let me know about recently.

I'm delighted a national store is bringing attention to self love and body acceptance. Penningtons is one of the few plus size options we Canadians have, and i'm so excited to see they are becoming an active participant in the fat/body acceptance movement.

What's this campaign all about?

 Penningtons turned an ordinary mirror in their Heartland Town Centre location store into something really extraordinary. Upon standing in front of a mirror, shoppers were stunned to see two completely realistic fireman descend from either side of their reflection via incredible, motion-sensored mirror technology. The fun and flirty firemen checked out the shoppers' new Penningtons clothes and performed a charming act for them before disappearing altogether. (from penningtons.com)





While I promote, and firmly believe that body and self acceptance need to come from within, it sure is nice to get a little validation here and there, (which is why I have this blog, of course.) so it's nice to see these women being praised for their looks, when as we know, so much of the world would disparage these women due to their size.
How nice for these women to experience praise rather than hate, that they are finally looked at an appreciated for being as beautiful as they are.

We should never place our self worth on the acceptance of others, but if you get it, it can sure help you in your self acceptance quest.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Yay! Yay! This is why I love your blog, Erin! I wish that I when I was in my 20's that I embraced my size more and found beauty in everyone no matter what. I love that this store is doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a creative idea, that mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love how the ladies keep trying to touch the firefighters..... I would be too.

    Girl, your activist heart is shining! You're breaking silences and promoting realistic beauty standards. Love it.

    Also, I must say I really love that you went back to the "Plus Sized Pretty" name. It really reflects your activist goals, and it's also rad to have that name in my blog list because it really jumps out at you! I'm sure it peaks people's interest (it sure did for me!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that! :) I'm not even sure how I found your blog, but I'm glad I did. I appreciate seeing someone that looks like me show me outfits! I really dig your style and look forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are always welcome and very much appreciated. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...