29.11.11

So, I went a little scissor happy this weekend...

And chopped off half my bangs.
Or, fringe, as the english call it.
Which I really think sounds much better.

Anyways. I've always wanted to try the 50's pin up bangs, but i've never had the guts. 
I've experimented, but never really gone for it.
But I did like the shorter bangs I rocked on Halloween as Lucy...
So I finally decided to get brave.
And so I snipped, and I snipped.
And then I kept snipping.
Finally, I stopped myself. 
And after putting on some time appropriate makeup, 
I felt a lot better about the transformation.







It's been four days now and I think i've decided that I like them.

p.s. I'm going for a redheaded Traci Lords in Cry Baby look.


7 comments:

  1. I LOVE the bangs! Super cute! And your makeup and hair color look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE! I refuse to cut my bangs...so I bought fake bangs and cut em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why hello there Erin! Fancy meeting you here in the blog world! It was so nice having a Women's Studies class with you this term, and even nicer when I found out you had a blog as well. Can't wait to keep up with your posts.

    New blog friends, hooray!

    LOVE your new bangs, by the way. I forgot to mention that when I saw you today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bangs! I just recently cut the iconic "Bettie Bangs" myself! It was scary at first but you will LOVE the instant recognition of the "vintage" look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect. Absolutely perfect! You have the style to back these bangs up and they suit you so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did the same thing to my fringe a couple of months ago. I too cut a lot, and had to stop my selfe too, haha :)But as you say, after you get used to it, it's very cool and so different. Suits you very well :)

    BTW, I've been reading your blog for a while now. I got kinda the same style as you, so I go to you for inspiration when I'm in doubt :)

    //Natalie Madeleine
    www.fatandfancy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it! The bangs look great on you. And you're so brave for doing it yourself!

    I've been wanting to make a change with my hair lately... I was considering bangs but the last time (as a kid) it was just awful, so I keep putting it off.

    Cry Baby was one of my favorite movies growing up. My friend and I watched it over and over again every summer. I think you definitely got the look!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are always welcome and very much appreciated. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...