10.12.11

Blogger Party at Spank

Wednesday night I had the opportunity to attend a lil' blogger party at Spank, a local clothing boutique. I've been there a few times before, albeit when I was a size 12. It didn't look like there was much to be had for my current size, but I loved looking at all the lovely pieces they had. I even got to meet Sylvia Lee, the designer of their in house brand, Lost and Found. (Which is really so lovely. Some great pieces that I very much want...) 
And the jewellery! If my bank account wasn't currently empty i'd have gone home with a necklace.

{me, (obvs), with my friend James, Alex and Paisley of Kenton Magazine, and Sara.}

I thought it'd be a good opportunity to get more involved in the local blogging community. Get myself out there, and hope to not be such a socially awkward disaster (which to be honest, I totally was! haha.)  I've never really found any Vancouver-based blogs that really spoke to my asthetic, until recently, when I had a women's study class with Zoe, who talked about her blog, Lion Heart Vintage, and then turned me on to Lydia's blog, Style is Style. (Love those two!)
Then I got to attend this event and meet some more lovely bloggers! I just love Alicia's blog, Alicia Fashionista and Felix's at Yuki and Bee.

Thanks so much to Spank and especially to Talya for inviting me! I had a great time, despite my social awkwardness. (There's a reason I'm always on the internet...haha!)

3 comments:

  1. So that is why I didn't see anything internet related from you on Wednesday night.. haha just kidding!
    This looks like an awesome time! It seems like an obvious idea to reach out to groups that have similar interest as you, like blogging. I really gotta find one of those near me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled upon your blog(s) today and gotta say: Me likey.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are always welcome and very much appreciated. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...