26.1.12

I Want to Dress Like That: Amy Adams in The Muppets

There are a lot of reasons to love the latest Muppet movie.

  • Nostalgia: I was raised to believe that The Muppet Christmas Carol is the best adaptation out there of the Dickens classic. This is a belief I still maintain today. "Light the lamp, not the rat!"
  • A truly lovely musical score. As I was writing this blog post I realized that my favorite songs, "Life's a Happy Song, Me Party, and the Oscar nominated, Muppet or a Man? were written by Bret Mckenzie
  • Jason Segel. Who will always be Nick Andopolis to me.
  • The cameos! Feist and N.P.H. and John Krasinski and Jim Parsons, to name a very few! 
And last, but not least, Amy Adam's wardrobe. From her first scene, showing her grade school class how to fix a car (go Amy!) I was absolutely smitten with her adorable, bright, colourful, feminine,  vintage inspired wardrobe.


This was one of my favorite outfits of hers. That bright yellow skirt! I love it paired with the red. So bright and colourful!


And you know I am in love with her cat eye frames! And that pattern on the blouse.


Another favorite was this gorgeous teal vintage (looking) dress. The addition of the bright purple belt is a great way to add some colour and fun.





Unfortunately I couldn't find any decent shots of this dress, I just pulled these off a youtube video. This is just such a perfect bright summery dress! I love the coordinating cardigan and belt paired with it.



And then there's the poster outfit, which I found a display picture of.


I just adore that adorable heart blouse and the subtle pattern mix with the skirt. I also wholly endorse a redhead rocking red!

Can I please have her hair, too?


I think my style is already pretty close to this, but I definitely came out of the film inspired to incorporate even more colour, vintage inspired pieces, and belted tucked in full skirts, to my wardrobe.
I can't find any other good photos, but trust me when I say the entire movie she was impeccably styled. I  found myself wanting almost every article of clothing she wore! 

I also found myself wanting a Jason Segel of my very own. Anyone know where I can get one of those?



9 comments:

  1. This is such a great post and I love what you wrote about Jason Segel always being Nick Andopolis to you. I say always say the exact same thing. I was so upset when Freaks and Geeks got canceled and ran out and bought it the day they released it on DVD. You have wonderful taste my dear!
    ♡ Brooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always! I have the biggest crush on Nick. Even when he gets totally creepy on Lindsay, I still find it sweet. Though I think that might just be due to the charm of Jason Segel. ;) Good thing we have DVD to remember the good old days! I even bought the scripts too. Such an amazing show!!

      Delete
  2. I have a crush on Jason Segal..lol! I think you would look so darn adorable in these outfits. Very YOU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can you not? He's just so charming! ;) Haha I think so too. I need to go raid the wardrobe department...

      Delete
  3. I said the Exact Same Thing about Amy Adams in The Muppets! I loved the movie (and about died laughing--like tears streaming down my face--at the Jim Parsons part) and I thought Amy was styled sooooo well. I want more striped shirtdresses and cute prints and fun but comfortable heels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Jim Parsons cameo just killed me! I loooved it! I just wish he had been in it more! And her wardrobe was just to die for of course!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness I LOVE LOVE LOVE Amy Adams, her in Enchanted is just my favourite thing ever. I've been dying to see the Muppets movie forever now. Its not out in Ireland yet...hurry up!!!

    dp
    x

    www.inanityandthegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Muppet movie! And I completely agree with your opinion that A Muppet Christmas Carol is the best version of A Christmas Carol. It's the only version that I actually like:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was also super excited about the Muppets movie and was so pleased with the way it turned out. It was a really perfect movie!
    I agree with everything you said and I, too, want to dress like Amy Adam's character in the movie. I don't always go aim for vintage, but I definitely took away the sense of color and fun her outfits had.

    When you find Jason Segel, let me know too! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are always welcome and very much appreciated. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...