19.3.12

3.14

Somehow I unintentionally celebrated "pi day", despite my hatred of mathematics, and pie. 
By drinking a pumpkin pie smoothie.


It was the morning of March the fourteenth, that upon making my morning smoothie, instead of adding a bit of cocoa to my frozen banana and soy milk, I went for a few scoops of pumpkin, and some spices. 
It was pure delight in a cup. 
I highly recommend it. Who says you can only have pumpkin flavors in the fall?


Pumpkin Spice Smoothie

1 frozen banana
1 1/2-2 cups of soy milk (or any milk)
2-3 heaping spoonfuls of pure canned pumpkin
some shakes of cinnamon and nutmeg
a few drops of vanilla extract
sweetener, to taste (agave, honey, sugar, etc)

1/2 tbsp of ground flax seed (optional, I like adding to to my smoothies for a little health kick.)


Assemble all ingredients in a blender or pulverizer of choice. (I use an immersion blender and a large measuring cup). 
Sip through a straw and enjoy a healthy delicious smoothie, any time of day or year your heart desires.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I tagged you in my last post, hope you can do it! :)

    http://juffielovesstyles.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/get-to-know-me-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing. How did I not know there was such a thing as a pumpkin pie smoothie? Yum

    creamyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are always welcome and very much appreciated. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...