21.3.12

she wears (a) heart on her sleeve

Anyone get that title reference? 90's kids? It's only part of the lyrics to one of my favorite show's theme songs growing up, Clueless. Those were the days. I can't of kind help to get that song in my head while thinking of this sweater. 
'Cause there's a heart. On my sleeve.
Yeah, i'm deep like that.

I adore elbow patches. They are so cute and a fun way to add interest.
Since I can't always find sweaters with patches on them, I figured I could just add them.  

I've had this project in my mind a lil while now, and the other day I finally got to it. It was extremely easy as I just bought some iron on patches from the store. All it required was cutting out a shape, a swipe of the iron, and voila! A new look to an old sweater. 



In doing this DIY I also figured it's incredibly awkward to take a photo of your elbow. 
And it was an unbearably cloudy day I wore this. So bear with! 


3 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I've been wanting to add elbow patches to a sweater, but could never find cute shapes. Never occurred to me to just cut them out of the regular boring rectangle patches. Good job! I'm definitely going to be trying this one myself. :)

    www.diyfatshion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cue idea! I love it, definitely going to have to try it out.

    creamyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a good idea - I have a cardigan I should try this on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are always welcome and very much appreciated. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...